The tournament is officially full. On behalf of the KTTC, we thank every one who has turned in their entries early. Also, we apologize to those who we have to turn down for their entries due to the space and table limits. At this point (8/29/16), we can only take down entries for stand-by list. Stand-by players who make it to the main draw will be informed via email or phone call directly. Please direct any inquiry to Jude Lam, email: email@example.com and Phone: 865-300-4829.
Notes About the Tournament:
About the Venue
- The competition is played at the Cedar Bluff Racquet Club Tennis Center. The address is 701 Racquet Club Way, Knoxville, 37923
- There are parkings outside the center.
- All players must wear non-marking shoes or shoes with soft sole shoes. If you are wearing indoor table tennis shoes, you are fine. But if you are wearing other kind of sport shoes, please make sure that they are with non-marking sole in the bottom. This is important because we don’t want to damage the indoor tennis court surface. Thanks every one in advance for this compliance.
- 1st Round (Format: Round Robin):
- 12 groups of 5 player each in a round robin format.
- No top players are receiving a bye in the first round. So every player starts playing in the morning at the same time.
- 2nd Round (Format: Round Robin):
- The top two finishes from the first round will be playing in the Championship Division Round Robin divided into 4 groups of 6.
- The 3rd and 4th place finishes from the first round will be playing in the Class B Division Round Robin divided into 4 groups of 6.
- The 5th place finish from the first round will be playing in the Class C Division Round Robin divided into 2 groups of 6.
- 3rd Round (Format: Single Elimination):
- The 1st and 2nd finishes from the Championship Round Robin groups will play in the Championship Division Quarter Finals.
- The 3rd and 4th place finishes from Championship Round Robin groups will play in the Class A Division Quarter Finals.
- The 1st and 2nd finishes from Class B Round Robin groups will play in the Class B Division Quarter Finals.
- The 1st and 2nd finishes from Class C Round Robin groups will play in the Class C Division Cross-Over Semi-Finals.
About the Upset Gold Dollar
- Upset Gold Dollar will be paid to winners of all upsets, regardless of player’s rating. However, both players at the match must have an official USATT rating before the start of the tournament before the winner of the match receives the Upset Gold Dollar.
- Winners of each and every upset will receive Upset Gold Dollar using the following payout schedule:
- Rating Difference: 100 or less, Upset Gold Dollar reward: $5.00
- Rating Difference: 101 to 150, Upset Gold Dollar reward: $10.00
- Rating Difference: 151 or larger, Upset Gold Dollar reward: $15.00
- The gold dollars will be paid immediately upon confirmation of match sheets showing upsets on a first come first get paid basis until the fund runs out. KTTC reserves $240 Upset Gold Dollars for this payout. So sharpen your game and hit the court running fast!
- In addition, Grand Upset Winner (the player accumulated the most Gold Dollars by the end of the tournament play) will receive an added bonus prize of $20 Upset Gold Dollars.
- From 7:30 – 9:30 p.m. Friday evening, Cedar Bluff Racquet Club and KTTC will host a player’s party at the club. We will share the love of table tennis with our tennis friends. Newgy will also be doing a Robot Demo and perhaps if time allows, we will have a mixed double with table tennis and tennis players.
- The venue will be opened for practice on Friday evening between 8:00 – 9:30 p.m. KTTC volunteers will be setting up the tables at around 6:15 p.m. So if anyone who may be arriving earlier, we would appreciate any extra volunteers to help out the setup.
- The main venue will be opened at 8:00 a.m. for check-in and warm-up on Saturday 9/10/2016.
- Please make sure that you sign the USATT Waiver form at check-in. We cannot report the tournament results without your signature. Parents/Legal Guardian will sign the form on behalf of the junior players.
- Players meeting will start at 8:45 a.m. and competition will start at 9:00 a.m. Due to the high number of players, we will start on time and if you are late, your group will play around you first. But if you are too late after all the matches are played among other group members, your matches will be defaulted and you won’t be able to participate for the rest of the tournament.
- Second Round competition is planned to start at 1:00 p.m. in the afternoon. Pizza will be provided. But please bring your own drink for your competition.
- We expect that all competition will be completed by 7:30 p.m.
The following are the individuals whose entries are confirmed and the list is ranked by 9/08/2016 USATT rating. Latest rating posted on Friday morning September 9th, 2016 will be used to prepare the final draw.
|1||Cheng, Yu-Sung*||EC Sports||2480|
|2||Jiang, Haodong*||EC Sports||2480|
|3||Carney, A.j.||Triangle Table Tennis center||2403|
|4||Hohl, Alex||Charlotte TTC||2357|
|6||Kt, Venmani||Nashville TTC||2081|
|8||Davari, Seyyed Ali||KTTC||1889|
|9||Ngo, Harrison||Newgy TTC||1888|
|10||Fakharpour, Babak||Lexington TTC||1880|
|12||Dickson, Shelton||Nashville TTC||1851|
|13||Corica, Michael||Charleston TTC||1840|
|14||Neuendorf, Tim||Nashville TTC||1821|
|15||Miklowcic, Jerred||Triangle Table Tennis center||1805|
|17||Kapsalakis, Dean||Charlotte TTC||1790|
|18||Robinson, Ryan||Charleston TTC||1785|
|19||Li, Fangxing (fran)||KTTC||1770|
|21||Kappel, Igor||Charleston TTC||1759|
|22||Pinell, Octavio||Asheville TTC||1754|
|25||Barati, Moe||Lexington TTC||1706|
|27||Ramaraj, Gobinath||Nashville TTC||1681|
|29||Dickson, Roger||Newgy TTC||1606|
|30||Lynch, David||Pensacola TTC||1605|
|31||Sung, Shawfe||EC Sports||1600|
|33||Tumkur, Anil||Asheville TTC||1584|
|34||Vincent, Daniel||Nashville TTC||1568|
|36||Englebreth, Bill||Charlotte TTC||1542|
|37||Walker, John Edd||Newgy TTC||1534|
|38||Salley, Mitchell||Asheville TTC||1503|
|39||Workman, Gretchen||Charleston TTC||1484|
|41||Semenov, Sergey||Nashville TTC||1483|
|42||Hurt, Jonathan||Nashville TTC||1483|
|43||Fort, Patrick||Pensacola TTC||1450|
|46||Preston, Dave||Pensacola TTC||1375|
|47||Ruan, Cynthia||EC Sports||1354|
|48||Kern, Bobby||Triangle Table Tennis center||1348|
|49||Wu, Kelly||EC Sports||1341|
|52||Glasscock, Michael||Nashville TTC||1179|
|53||Byrne, Sean*||Chattanooga TTC||1100|
|54||Zhou, Kai||EC Sports||1091|
|56||Walker, Mary||Newgy TTC||808|
|58||Karpinski, Amy||Triangle Table Tennis center||496|
|59||Ye, Lynn||Lexington TTC||430|
|60||Sung, Kaitlyn||EC Sports||246|
* – Estimated Rating
- Leon Chen, Mankato, MN
Jude Lam, President, Knoxville TTC