The tournament is officially sold out again (As of 08/04/2017). A new entry has been received this morning to fill the last spot.
On behalf of the KTTC, we thank every one who has turned in their entries early.
Notes About the Tournament:
- 1st Round (Format: Round Robin):
- Players are divided into two separate divisions. The top 18 rated players will be in the Upper Division and the others will be in the Lower Division.
- For each division, there will be 2 groups of 9 players each in a round robin format.
- 2nd Round (Format: Single Elimination):
- The top two finishes from the first round will be playing a cross-over semi-finals and final. This means that the first place finish of one group will play the second place finish of the other group from the same division in the semi-finals and the winner will play in final.
- If the player whose rating is grossly under-estimated, the player may not be allowed to advance to the semi-final round subject to tournament director discretion. The next eligible player will take her/his place. Grossly under-estimated is defined as a 200 or higher rating point upset match win for the player who has an estimated rating.
- The loosers from the semi-finals will play for the 3rd place match.
- The gym will be opened for practice on Friday evening (8/4/2017) between 7:30 – 9:00 p.m. KTTC volunteers will be setting up the tables at around 6:30 p.m. So if anyone who may be arriving earlier, we would appreciate any extra volunteers to help out the setup.
- The main gym will be opened at 8:00 a.m. for check-in and warm-up on Saturday 8/05/2017.
- Please make sure that you sign the USATT Waiver form at check-in. We cannot report the tournament results without your signature. Parents/Legal Guardian will sign the form on behalf of the junior players.
- Players meeting will start at 8:45 a.m. and competition will start at 9:00 a.m. Due to the high number of matches to be played in this giant round robin format, we will start on time and if you are late, your group will play around you first. But if you are too late after all the matches are played among other group members, your matches will be defaulted and you won’t be able to participate for the rest of the tournament.
- Thanks for our sponsor Horizon Avionics, we will be ordering pizza for every one during lunch time.
About the Upset Gold Dollar
- Upset Gold Dollar will be paid to winners of all upsets, regardless of player’s rating. However, both players at the match must have an official USATT rating before the start of the tournament before the winner of the match receives the Upset Gold Dollar.
- Winners of each and every upset will receive Upset Gold Dollar using the following payout schedule:
- Rating Difference: 100 or less, Upset Gold Dollar reward: $5.00
- Rating Difference: 101 to 150, Upset Gold Dollar reward: $10.00
- Rating Difference: 151 or larger, Upset Gold Dollar reward: $15.00
- The gold dollars will be paid immediately upon confirmation of match sheets showing upsets on a first come first get paid basis until the fund runs out. KTTC reserves $200 Upset Gold Dollars for this payout. So sharpen your game and hit the court running fast!
About the Venue
- The competition is played at our club location, which is the Phyllis Wheatley YWCA. The address is 124 S. Cruze Street, Knoxville, TN 37915.
- There are parkings around the club area or the street. Please make sure that you are not blocking other people houses’ mail box and driveway.
The following are the individuals whose entries are confirmed and the list is ranked based on 08/03/2017 USATT rating. Latest rating posted on Friday morning August 4th, 2017 will be used to prepare the final draw. Also, for those players whose rating are estimated, they are subject to change per tournament director discretion.
|2||Del Vecchio, Martin||New Orleans TTC||2127||Upper|
|3||Boushra, Mina||Nashville TTC||2030||Upper|
|4||Tsang, Wai Mai (lydia)||Nashville TTC||1955||Upper|
|5||Li, Jiang||Tidewater TTC||1859||Upper|
|7||Brain, Simon||Charlotte TTC||1822||Upper|
|8||Tumkur, Anil||Asheville TTC||1816||Upper|
|10||Lee, Hyun Woo||KTTC||1800*||Upper|
|12||Dickson, Shelton||Nashville TTC||1792||Upper|
|14||Neuendorf, Tim||Nashville TTC||1782||Upper|
|15||Fakharpour, Babak||Lexington TTC||1767||Upper|
|16||Cranford, Jake||Huntsville TTC||1762||Upper|
|17||Gammon, Bob||Nashville TTC||1760*||Upper|
|18||Dickson, Roger||Nashville TTC||1743||Upper|
|19||Fakharpour, Peyton||Lexington TTC||1711||Lower|
|20||Mann, Thomas H.||North AL TTC||1665||Lower|
|21||Labib, Shenouda||Nashville TTC||1628||Lower|
|22||Unanue, Richard||Asheville TTC||1623||Lower|
|23||Pech, Stan||Greenville TTC||1600*||Lower|
|25||Semenov, Sergey||Nashville TTC||1528||Lower|
|26||Hurt, Jonathan||Nashville TTC||1449||Lower|
|28||Byrne, Sean||Chattanooga TTC||1348||Lower|
|29||Bartos, Titus||Nashville TTC||1347||Lower|
|33||Torres, Luis||Nashville TTC||900||Lower|
* – Estimated Rating
Jude Lam, President, Knoxville TTC